We’re stoked to announce that with the mayor’s permission, we’re planning a gradual re-opening of our Sunday services. In the next week every surface, fixture, and object in our building will be professionally sanitized with a product that kills germs for three months (safely!). We’re stocking up on sanitizer, masks, and gloves. We’re recruiting volunteers to help make our Sunday gatherings as special and safe as possible in these unusual times.
Here’s how our services and groups will roll out:
SUNDAY STREAM VIEWING PARTIES AT CHURCH BUILDING
Launching May 31
- The church building will be open each Sunday to view the 10:00am Sunday Stream together. Singing is highly encouraged.
- Masks will be required for all attendees (which means you’ll need to sing twice as loud!)
- Chairs and rows will be spaced so each person is seated 6 feet away from anyone not in their immediate family. We’ll experiment with different seating arrangements over the first few weeks.
- There will be no keiki ministry, since kids aren’t very good at social distancing, but keiki will receive sermon guides and get rewards for taking notes!
- No Bibles, food, coffee, or drinks will be provided. We’ll encourage fellowship to happen at the beach park.
- Pre-packaged communion elements will be available.
- Greeters will dispense hand sanitizer to each person as they enter.
- Entry/bathroom doors will remain open (with view-blocking screens) to reduce physical contact.
- We will encourage everyone in attendance to check-in on the Harbor App. That will allow us to get word out very quickly in case there might have been someone in the room who was infected. Download the Harbor App on the iOS App Store or the Google Play Store.
- We will ask anyone who feels sick in any way (not just COVID symptoms) to stay home.
LIVE SUNDAY SERVICES AT CHURCH BUILDING
Launching June 21
- We will hold two 1-hour services (8:30am and 10:00am) with sanitization in between.
- Seating will be available first-come-first-serve in the Auditorium, and overflow seating will be available on the Lanai, with a video link to the service.
- The 10:00am service will be live-streamed on Youtube and Facebook for at-risk folks, kupuna, and anyone else who isn’t comfortable attending the live service.
- The same limitations and requests as above will be in place.
We can’t wait to see you! Praise God for his protection over the islands, and for bringing us back together.